as·pire – to long, aim, or seek ambitiously; be eagerly desirous, esp. for something great or of high value
As a church, we should know and understand the glory of God. Sam Storms defines glory this way: “Glory is what you see and experience and feel when God goes public with His beauty.”
The church is where God goes public with His beauty.
- Where lives are CHANGED (and being changed) by the gospel
- Where love is sacrificial, steady, faithful, and pure
- Where sweet unity exists in the midst of great diversity
- Where comfort and encouragement are frequent and normal
- Where Jesus is seen and His ministry and word are lived out
- Where forgiveness, forbearance, and patience flows
- Where truth is loved and lived
- Where grace is not just a word, but is manifest actions
The list could go on. All the above, when lived out, showcases the power, work, and mission of God — it declares His beauty.
As a church, ALL OF US should be “aspiring” to display God’s glory. Where “the church” makes public God’s beauty as we (the church) go off to work and school; as we talk with our spouses; as we interact with our children; as we hang out with each other; as we go to family gatherings, work parties, or community meetings.
May God lead and empower Country Bible Church to aspire to showcase God’s glory.